A limited quantity of personal golf carts will be permitted. If you plan to bring your own golf cart, you will be required to register you golf cart with The Republic of Texas Motorcycle Rally.
Limited golf carts rentals will be available through our exclusive golf cart provider Affordable Golf Cars. RESERVE YOUR GOLF CART
Please note: We are no longer accepting golf cart deliveries from rental companies other than our exclusive provider.
What is a Golf Cart?
If it looks like a golf cart or is built on a golf cart chassis and does not exceed 20mph it is a golf cart in our eyes. If it is smaller than a golf cart and built on another type chassis (Ex: powered ice chest, bath tub, mini dune buggies, etc.) it will be allowed. The ban on ATV’s and UTV’s has not been lifted and they will not be allowed on the rally grounds. Exceptions to ATV/UTV’s are: Sheriffs and Security, Maintenance personnel, Expo Center personnel, event staff and Medical Response Personnel. All official carts will be clearly marked.
The Following rules must be adhered to at all times while operating a golf cart. There are no exceptions:
- Motorcycles have the right of way at all times!
- All Golf Carts must be registered during check in at the event.
- Golf cart identification numbers must be prominently displayed on your cart at all times.
- All golf carts must have functioning headlights and taillights and must be used at all times.
- No double decker golf carts are allowed.
- ALL golf carts on the parade route MUST stay to the right outside lane or shoulder side of roadway. The rest of the roadway is for bikes only!!!
- No stopping on the roadway along the parade route. If you wish to stop along the parade route you MUST pull off of the paved roadway onto the grass areas to park.
- No trailers are allowed on the parade route.
- Golf carts may only carry the number of passengers that equals the number of actual seats on the golf cart.
- Rally organizers discourage over consumption of alcohol while operating any vehicle. Know your limits!
- If you desire to rent a golf cart you must make arrangements with our preferred golf cart vendor.
- Participants with golf carts are encouraged to act responsibly.
Failure to follow the above rules will result in either the impoundment of your golf cart for the duration of the rally or immediate expulsion from the rally grounds without refund.
Golf Cart FAQ’S
What about the people who arrive and are not aware of the changes?
If it is a golf cart, they will need to register it and pay the fee. If an ATV/UTV, it will not be allowed on the rally grounds.
Why is all this necessary?
For the past few years, the complaints have dramatically increased from attendees who want more of a motorcycle presence without the congestion from 4 wheel vehicles.
What if I ignore the restrictions?
If anyone shows up with an ATV/UTV they will be escorted by the Travis County Sheriff Officer to the impound area and their ATV/UTV will be stored (at no costs) until they leave. Anyone caught violating the restrictions will NOT be given a warning, they will either impound the unit at a cost and/or ask to leave the venue.
How & when do I pay the fee?
We will be selling a limited number of golf cart passes online.
PURCHASE YOUR GOLF CART PASS HERE
Base on availability, we may offer these at the registration tent at COTA.
Why do I have to register with all my personal info?
So ROTMR staff or the Sheriff can find you in case there are issues with your cart.
I am handicapped or have a medical issue and I’m not sure my golf cart meets your requirements?
Provisions will be made for the handicapped and requests granted on a case by case basis. Bring your official handicapped documents when you register your golf cart.
Why are trailers not allowed on parade route?
Most trailers are wider than the towing vehicle. The driver many times is unaware of this and can accidentally clip motorcycles, pedestrians, and other golf carts causing injury or damage.
Why are some UTV’s allowed on the grounds?
Staff and Crew that are required to use UTV’s are allowed to use them with official signage only during daylight hours; at night NO ATV/UTV (except emergency personnel) will be allowed.